Are you having a hard time figuring out how to describe your expertise without using saying you’re a “motivational speaker?”
Did you know you cannot motivate any one else? You can inspire others to motivate themselves, but you cannot motivate them. The National Speakers Association online directory lists 634 motivational speakers out of the 3,600 current members. If you’d like to think of a way to define your expertise, describe your uniqueness and differentiate yourself without using the word “motivation”, here are some related words and phrases for motivation and/or the effect of being motivated, that you can use today to describe what you can do for any organization – whether the audience is comprised of employees, commissioned salespeople or entrepreneurs:
access wisdom, imagination, ingenuity, acuity, acumen, brilliance, artistry; arouse; compel;
create breakthrough thinking; elicit; embolden; encourage originality; energize; engage intellect; engage imagination; expand awareness; expand possibilities in life; galvanize; impel; induce; influence; innervate; innovate; invigorate; persuade; prompt; propel; provoke; stimulate divergent thinking; stimulate inventiveness; stimulate; urge; utilize ingenuity.
Read below to see if any of these statements are what you do when you speak to audiences.
Here are some complete sentences you can use today!
– You galvanize individuals to tap into their natural ingenuity.
– You stimulate innovative ideas that expand the mind and the organization by sharing brilliant marketing ideas that ensure continued growth, individually and collectively.
– You prompt new ways of thinking that build spirit, cooperation and productivity.
– You demonstrate through story form that the power of one idea, getting organized around it and using all resources to leverage that idea, can dramatically improve your income.
– You urge the organization to brainstorm in ways that are fun and productive – generating increased sales and decreasing turn-over. When the workplace is innovative and inviting of imagination, it’s a place people love to be.
– You incite a spontaneous combustion of creative thinking, dreaming and realization.
And remember…when you’re talking with a prospective buyer about hiring you, And the educational sessions are going to focus on industry updates and current technical practices, stress the importance having of a keynote that leaves attendees inspired.
The best way to ensure that the updates and practices covered at the conference will be absorbed and integrated is to bring in a successful individual that will inspire the audience individually, engage the intellect and reinforce that the contributions of attendees will be valued. That sets the tone for post-conference behavior.