If you are visiting Bangalore for business or leisure, there are plenty of accommodation options – you can stay in one of the 5 star hotels Bangalore is home to. If you are looking at business amenities, there are conference hotels in Bangalore as well. Before you start looking for hotels in Bangalore, here are ten useful travel tips:
- Bangalore is known as Indian’s IT city, and start-up hub, so it is indeed the best city in India to network and build your business contacts. Stay in one of the conference hotels in Bangalore, typically the CBD area, and you can network.
- Bangalore has pleasant weather all year round, minus the extreme temperatures. Pack some light woollens if you head there in winter. The rainy months between June and August, see a lot of heavy showers and drizzles so rain gear may be needed.
- Bangalore has many lung spaces, but most importantly, visit Cubbon Park and Lal Bagh – the two vast parks. Cubbon Park is closer to the CBD area, and if you are staying in one of the 5 star hotels Bangalore is home to, it is just a stone’s throw away.
- Bangalore has many fine dining options, and if you are staying in one of the premium hotels, there are restaurants that offer the finest cuisine from all over the world. You could also head to some local restaurants for a taste of Karnataka’s cuisine – visit a darshini for local food!
- Don’t miss the buzzing nightlife of the city which has the best lounges, bars and pubs the country can boast of. If you are in one of the most well-known 5 star hotels Bangalore is home to, especially in the CBD area, we can guarantee you that the hotel will have a fine colonial style bar where you can enjoy a drink or two.
- In spite of all the progress, Bangalore still retains an old-world charm. Visit Basavanagudi for the temple of Dodda Ganesha and the bull (basava) or Kaadu Malleshwara temple in Malleshwaram. Hotels in Bangalore can offer you suggestions, so don’t hesitate to ask.
- Bangalore was once a sleepy British cantonment and you can still find colonial era buildings such as Mayo Hall, Attara Katcheri or the High Court, the Public Library in Cubbon Park etc. A stroll in front of Vidhana Soudha, and on key streets like MG Road and Brigade Road are unmissable.
- Try a bike trail organized by one of the 5 star hotels Bangalore has. The cycle trails are customised and you can get a glimpse of the arts and culture hub of the city.
- Don’t miss a theatre performance at Ranga Shankara, the famed theatre hub of the city.
- Head to the world-renowned dance centre and cultural hub, Nrityagram, on the outskirts of the city. One of the hotels in Bangalore offers this tour and provides you all the luxuries like a chauffeur-driven car and a packed breakfast!
Want more? Shop in the markets of Gandhi Bazaar or Malleshwaram, head to glitzy malls or shops in Brigade Road or Commercial Street… carry home a tiny bit of the city with you.